My “must-read” list (in progress):
The Body and Archaeological Theory
– Prehistoric Figurines: Representation and Corporeality in the Neolithic. By Douglas Bailey (2005).
– Social Theory and Archaeology. By Michael Shanks and C. Tilley (1987).
– The body as material culture. A theoretical osteoarchaeology. By Joana Sofaer (2006).
Ontology, Science, Practice
– The Body Multiple: Ontology in Medical Practice. By Annemarie Mol (2003).
– Pandora’s Hope: Essays on the Reality of Science Studies. By Bruno Latour (1999).
– Laboratory Life: The Social Construction of Scientific Facts. By Bruno Latour and Steve Woolgar (1979).
–An Inquiry into Modes of Existence. An Anthropology of the Moderns. By Bruno Latour (2013).
– Science as practice and culture. By Andrew Pickering (ed., 1992)
Displaying and Collecting the body
– Collecting the Dead: Archaeology and the Reburial Issue. By Cressida Fforde (2004).
– Human remains: Guide for museums and academic institutions. By Vicki Cassman, Nancy Odegaard and Joseph Powell (2007).
– Medical Museums: Past, Present, Future. Samuel J. M. M. Alberti and Elizabeth Hallam (eds) (2013)